Sunday 6 April 2014

Kidderminster Harriers vs Grimsby Town

Kidderminster are a great team in the Skrill premier. They had a good season finishing in a play offs. This season they were tipped to be right up there but did not live up to there expectations and finished in 7th place. I am typing this at the end of the 2013/2014 season and I am looking back to the 5th April. I got up early that morning because I was really looking forward to the day. I left to meet two people outside the shop. We where running a little bit behind schedule so we jogged a bit of the way. We got on the coach at 9:00 and headed for Kidderminster. We stopped off at a service station on the way there for a bite to eat. I was happy that there was a Mcdonalds there because I was collecting the monopoly stickers. We set off for the next half of the journey. We got to Kidderminster at 1:40 and had a quick look around the club shop. We got into the ground which cost me £5. The away stand is for standing but there is a small area in the stand to the right were you got sit for an additional cost. I took a few photos and got ready for kick off.
The stands on the left and right side of the ground are really modern looking. The stadium holds 6,444 people. It has gone through a number of improvements over the years. I think overall its a nice little stadium. The atmosphere was amazing. We took around 500 fans to Aggborough. The only goal of the game was a stunning 20th minuet goal by Alex Rodman. Grimsby Goalkeeper James Mckeown made a world class save to keep The Mariners level. Both teams had some great chances and in the end it finished 0-1. The Mariners picked up a vital 3 points to help there play off push and Kidderminster continued to slip away. On the way back home we went to another service station. We met some West Auckland Town fans. They were in a very good mood because they were going to Wembley for the second time in the FA Vase. We got dropped off near Blundell Park and waited for the number 13 bus to take me home.
 Rating: 
 Match Experience: 7/10 
 Value for money: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment