Sunday 9 March 2014

Macclesfield Town Vs Grimsby Town

The first game for this blog. This is a match I was really looking forward too. Two former football league teams that have lots of history about them. I got dropped off at King George V stadium and walked towards the Stamford Club. I got on the coach a 9:50 setting off for the trip. We stopped off at a service station on the way there for a quick bite to eat. We then set off for the second half of the trip. We went through peak district which was absolutely stunning. I wish I grabbed a few photos. We arrived in Macclesfield and  I purchased my ticket. 
 We made our way into the ground and chose where we was going to stand. Moss Rose can hold 6,355 people. It was built in 1891 and has been there home since.The ground has four stands. The Silk FM stand  runs along one side of the pitch. It is usually given over entirely to home supporters, unless the travelling support is particularly large.There is terracing along the entire length of the pitch, with a small stand at the back of the terracing. The Macclesfield Audi Stand is to the left of the Silk FM stand, and is used by the home support. Opposite the Silk FM stand is the Henshaw's Stand . This is all-seated and covered, and houses home supporters, and a small number of travelling fans. At the opposite end to the Macclesfield Audi Stand is the Silkmen Terrace, which is an open terrace and is given to away fans. The away stand dosent have a roof so it was a good job that it didn't start raining.

The Mariners appeared to be heading towards a deserved 1-0 victory at Moss Rose thanks to Connor Jennings’ first half strike. But a controversial late penalty for the Silkmen robbed Town of three points.I didn't buy any food or drink at the ground because I was saving my money for the service station on the way home. I didnt take many photos of the day but I had a great time.
Rating:
Match-day Experience:7/10
Value for money:6/10



No comments:

Post a Comment