Saturday 26 April 2014

Barton Town Old Boys vs Heanor Town

I woke up this morning at 8:00 and was greeted by a message from someone I was heading to the game with. I had a quick look on Facebook and then got myself prepared for the day ahead. I took the number 13 bus to the Train Station at 10:00. When we go to the train station I picked up a chocolate flapjack for just 80p. The prices in the shop at the station was very good but they didn't have much to offer. We booked the Train Tickets to Barton which came up to £4.00 Return. I think this is great value considering the bus was more expensive and took an extra 30 minuets.

The train ride was very enjoyable. We went past a few different  places that I had not heard of before.  We arrived in Barton at around 12:00. We had some time to kill so we decided to take a walk to the Humber Bridge to get a couple of photos.

               
                                                       

We then decided we would head for the ground. We got to the ground at 12:50. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who let us in the ground early. We got into the ground at a reduced price (£1). I decided to pick up a match-day program for £1 which contained some information about the clubs history, fixtures and league table, some photos of a previous game, an chat with Ash Lattimore and some information about today's opponents.
We went into the bar to watch some pool while we waited for kick off. We met the manager and a few players and had a good chat with some of the coaches and staff. The bar had plenty of drinks to offer at a good price. The food was also a good price but I felt that there could have been more options on offer.
We got into our seats and the game kicked off. Heanor Town had a dominant spell in the first 10 minuets but couldn't create any chances. Barton went 1-0 up on 35 minuets and fired in a second goal just 3 minuets later. The first half was evenly matched despite the scoreline. I brought a drink at half time and spoke to some more staff.  We got ready for the second half. This time we decided to stand outside the club house due to the thousands of flies that swarmed the stand . The goals kept on coming and the game eventually finished at 4-0. I could not find the goal scores and the times for the second half. I was lucky to have my camera ready at the right time and caught one of the second half goals.










I really enjoyed the game and would love to go again in the future. The cost was cheaper then I expected and I got some great photos and video's.
Rating:
Match Experience: 8/10
Value for money: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment